Happy New Year Everyone…
I know this post is a couple of days late, but that is kinda how 2017 was for me. The shortest review I can give for the past year: “I did far more wrong things than right in the year.”
2017 was in many ways the toughest year I have had in a long time. There was a lot of hard work and ‘sowing’ of seeds done in the year that I am hopeful that it will all pay off in ’18 and the years that follow.
Here is my short list of things I did in 2017:
- I read 18 books in the year. This was a big positive of the year. I got extremely comfortable listening to Audio Books and that helped in a big way with this goal. Am planning on reading 20 books in 2018, it looks tough but I have successfully completed 4 reading challenges in a row, so am positive.
- Did about 8 short/long trips in the year. Highlight was Hong Kong/Macau & in it Disneyland and Nong Ping :) Fortunately my better half is a bigger travel buff than me and I should be able to top that count this year.
- Invested a little in the BitCoin craze… Jumped in late but still got in early enough to have my investments pretty safe :) Am hoping to try this out more in 2018 maybe with some Alt Coins too.
- 0 plays this year :( The biggest let down of the year. I wrote hardly anything this year and this was one of the biggest negatives of the year. Hope to get back to writing (theater, blog, the works…) this year.
- Physical fitness wise… 2017 was pretty good. I joined Trihaedron, a fitness class near home (special thanks to the Mrs for making me do it). The class has been amazing to say the least. I can actually do the Shirshasana without any support now. Not to mention that I do a regular dance workout too :)
Biggest regret was that, time flew by faster in 2017 as I was too busy to smell the flowers. I took far more responsibilities than I need to take and consequently fell short of achieving my goals. For 2018 I hope to get back on track with my metal and spiritual life. I compromised too much of the things I loved in 2017 and hope to get back that balance in 2018.
PS: Am doing the Project 365 in 2018 :) You can follow me on my instagram account for the daily photos :)