1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Lets see – Travelled to 4 different countries, ran a 10k run & kissed a tiger cub.Â Im sure there were many more ‘events’, but they just arent flashing to my mind right now :P
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some… I went after a few… I gave up on a few… I woke up to realize I really did not need to do somethings
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My niece was born on 9/9/09.Â She has been my saviour in so many ways
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A close friend passed away this year…
5. What countries did you visit?
Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Hope to do atleast one more next year :)
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More patience and a return to my old habits. Its time to work my fitness too :)
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
9.9.09 – Without a doubt :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding my creativity again… In a non philosophical level – Traveling, did so much of it this year and totally loved it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being as understanding as I could have and giving up on a lot of ppl I really cared about.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The occasional scratch and cold :)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My running shoes…
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My teachers… they have been so patient with me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine mostly… I have simply let myself become a much worser person.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Trips, Movies, Computer Accessories and a few books
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting old friends…
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2009?
Kaminey… Not for the reason you are thinking :)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Sadder… but it just means I need to work on being happier
ii. Thinner or fatter?
Thinner, yeah my pants are loose again :(
iii. Richer or poorer?
Not sure actually, almost the same place I guess
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More exercise and meditation… And Photography…
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sleeping and being lazy (same answer as last year… damn I need to fix this)
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Friends, it was awesome :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I think I fell out a couple of times actually :D
22. How many one night stands in this last year?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes and thats the whole problem. The word hate is too strong, maybe dislike… unfortunately I cant seem to fight it
25. What was the best book you read?
Jonathan Livingston Seagull
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I love the electric Violin
27. What did you want and get?
What I wanted last year and did not get…
28. What did you want and not get?
A helping hand…
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Dev D. Kaminey came close and Avatar was brilliant but Dev D was just too brilliant to ignore.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
25, met friends and had lots of cake
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think I will end this year very satisfied… The last two months were truly worth it.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
Manmohan Singh, the man is consistent.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Formula One politics actually :P
36. Who did you miss?
Few friends whom I havent seen in a long time…
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My script writing class teacher, the man is pure genius.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
“Some lessons in life require you to be ready… If you dont understand something then you are probably not ready”
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Kabhi zindagi se maanga, pinjre mein chaand la do,
Kabhi laanten deke, kaha aasmaa pe taango
Jiska bhi chehra cheela, andar se aur nikla,
Masoom sa kabootar naacha to more nikla,
Kabhi hum kaminey nikle, kabhi doosre kaminey
– Kaminey (Kaminey)