1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Had a snow ball fight, skied, participated in a major international completion, used a military issue walkie talkie, Directed and acted in a major play, Partied (I am so not the partying type) and Danced once (I am so not the dancing type) :P
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Partially… Some I managed well, Some were respectful attempts and some are better not spoken about.
A different set this time, I was more ambitious last year, had to do with the super 2007 I guess. This year I am more realistic :P
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes two of my friends, both had baby boys :)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Saw a lot of India, parts I have never seen before. But plans for visiting 3 countries are already made for next year :)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More time for friends and more concentration at work. Maybe a new hobby too.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
-ve side: 29 June, the start of the worst 3 months of my life. Taught me a lot about life, friends, family and myself.
+ve side: The end of those three months and the start of an amazing next three, Mom’s Birthday, Watching a mechanical bird fly, Fernando Alonso’s victories in Singapore and Fuji… its hard to say how amazing those two drives were.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Evening of Theater. Falling in love with philosophy.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being as close to my friends as I wanted to. Right thru the year I have wanted to stay in touch with my close friends but didnt… I want to fix that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Bike accident – hurt my right knee and could not walk properly for a month.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPod Touch :) and the two amazing watches I got as gifts.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone involved in the Evening of Theater. I still feel emotional thinking about the dedication and hardwork everyone put in. I love you guys.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Yeah there were some people, I am not naming names or pointing fingers though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Hmmm… trips mostly. A few computer accessories and books
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Evening of theater and the international competition. I remember I was very excited about the F1 race at Singapore :P
The Conversations (of course)
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2007?
Sukhwinder Singh! This year has been all about his songs. I even went to his concert this year. Awesome singer that guy.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Happier… Much more happier than I want to be actually. But its not a true reflection of the last 12 months
ii. Thinner or fatter?
People wont believe it but I gained about 5-6 kgs this year!
iii. Richer or poorer?
Richer, you cant put a price on some of things in my life right now.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More time for friends. Few more books and lot more writing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sleeping and being lazy, I cant believe how much I lazed of this year.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With friends mostly. Maybe watching Ghajini.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Does it count If I realized I had fallen in a few years ago :P
22. How many one night stands in this last year?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory and That 70′s show. Lost was brilliant too.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing significant this year
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
To meet someone
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Lots of movies this year(more about that later)… But the award goes to… Speed Racer, Dasavatharam and Wall-E
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
24 and slowly but steadily got sadder thru the day.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Same as last year ;)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
33. What kept you sane?
Friends, movies and mom
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics after 26/11
36. Who did you miss?
Lots of opportunities apparently
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I will have to tell her before I tell you :P
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
“Life goes on”
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Naa koi kami hai… naa hai kisi se ranjish koi,
Yu to har khushi hai phir bhi jaane kyun main khush nahi,
Aye meri zindagi jane kiski talaash mein hain sabhi…
Bas itanaa bataa kab bujhegi meri tishnagi…
- Tishnagi by Shaan
No related posts.
Tagsacting Arts Bangalore beauty Birthday Blogging blogging bollywood Books comedy conversations Conversations with her Family Friends Gratitude happiness india internet javed akhtar lessons life love lyrics movie Movies music Philosophy photo photography photos play poetry Relationships review romance short story song songs Theater Thoughts translation travel Trip tv Writing